- b. 1941
- Studied medicine at St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College, q. 1963.
- Consultant Surgeon, Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals, 1973-2000.
- Started painting around 1980.
- Attended various courses but largely self-taught.
- Paintings accepted into the Royal West of England Academy and the Royal Glasgow Institute Annual Open Exhibitions.
- Solo exhibition, Samuel Robson Fine Art, Oakham, 2011.
- Mixed exhibition Cricket Fine Art, 2018.
I believe that art can enhance the quality of life by stimulating the imagination and encouraging the viewer not only to look, but also to see. My work aims to produce an elegant simplicity both in figurative and abstract form and I hope will show the relationship between the two.
I am influenced by many, but particularly such past masters as William Scott, Nicholas De Stael, Victor Pasmore, Sir Terry Frost, Ben Nicholson and Sir Robin Philipson.